28 February 2013

why praying for your husband makes a difference


I am not a perfect wife.

in fact, I'm so far from perfect, it's scary. but in the past month, praying scripture over my husband along with the #prayerdare ladies, I have learned that it's okay

that the Proverbs 31 wife isn't so much a standard, a to do list to follow or else we fail as women. instead, it's a celebration of what we've accomplished, a blessing upon us regardless of whether or not we're accomplishing the same things the woman in the chapter has.

what we can do to stay on top of the game a bit is to be fervent in prayer. even when things aren't going the way they should {who dictates tha way things should go, anyway?}. even when we want to throw in the towel. 

praying for my husband each day in February wasn't easy. there were a few days when the prayer cards hit home + my instinct was to pray for selfish reasons. yes, Joey does need to work on that. oh boy, some days I had to fight hard. funny enough, by the end of the month, I noticed these selfish instincts popping up less + less, and my heart yearned to see my husband made whole.

who would have thought, that praying for my husband devotedly + consistently for 28 days might erupt a change in my heart more than in my husband's life?


he's already a pretty great guy, that Joey. he works hard to provide for our family now that I stay at home full-time with our daughter. he is basically the leader in our campus community, even though he stepped down from that position in september. rowan's face lights up when he walks into the room, and I have to admit -- even after seven years together + almost three married -- mine does too.

but marriage is still work. you don't say your vows to one another, go home, and live happily ever after. it's hard work every day, or nothing. it's a choice to be made. 

we choose for one another other. 
we sacrifice for one another.
we pray for one another.
because it makes a difference.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Blogging tips