6 March 2013

faces of an influential woman

I have been so blessed to take part in the influence network for a bit more than two months now. I signed up as soon as the new year had been rung in, and it's a good thing the subscription is recurring, because the months have flown by quickly + I would have been so upset to miss even a moment of the action. if you know me in real life, you won't be surprised to learn that I'm more of a reader, a listener, a  taker-inner on the influence forums. at first I wondered whether it was really worth paying for a membership if I was just going to read through the forums + only participate sparingly, but the words I've read, the few times I have decided to open my mouth and share [because we introverts really just save up the best words to speak out!], they're worth it to me. this online community, these women, they're worth it to me.

today, along with other members of the influence network, I'm sharing a few things about myself as well as something I've learned through the network. now I could ramble on about all this for days, but I'll try to be succinct because there are a lot of blogs to get to!

I'm Courtney.
this is my face:
a meetup of influential women
I didn't have a photo that I loved. well, not of myself. I could have pulled out hundreds of my seven-month-old. but the more recent photos are of pregnant-courtney, or worse, post-partum-courtney. instead of grabbing a go-to, nearly-three-year-old wedding photo, I snapped a few silly ones on sunday afternoon.


  • I currently live in rural Nova Scotia, in one of the most incredible examples of community I could ever imagine existing. and it's made up of university students. no joke. I'm blessed every day by eighteen-to-twenty-two year olds. it's phenomenal to see the Lord moving among His youth. 
  • I've recently realized I have a bit of an eye for design. and because of the encouragement + strategy I've gleaned from the influence network, I'm actually honing my craft + doing something with it. I would never have done it on my own, because putting myself out there is something I just never did.
  • I'm a huge introvert and always thought myself so insignificant, especially to the Kingdom. but lately, in getting to know so many other strong women of God [many of them introverts!], I'm realizing I do have influence. I do have a voice. I can -- and must -- use it well for His glory.

I've learned much already in 2013, in this space + through Jesus in these women. [I mean, two of the three facts above would have been a whole lot more boring minus the influence network's impact.] but I think my favourite thing to have recovered through the network is something I've known most of my life but need desperately, like breath, each day:
what we need more than anything else
today, I'm writing as part of the influential women link-up hosted by the Influence Network. if you have no idea what the Influence Network is, you should probably go check that out first thing. // but here's the short version:
the influence network women

No comments :

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Blogging tips